Locating prior images & reports is as easy as searching Google.
Transfer original quality images to healthcare groups, referring physicians, and patients with ease through Medicom’s proprietary conduit.
“It’s easy to use! We don’t have to burn CDs. It’s handy, it’s convenient, we can upload a study and go about our business.”Mary P. | Chief Nuclear Medicine Tech
Automated Patient Record Location
- A patient is scheduled for an appointment: The appointment priority level (STAT, ASAP, Routine, etc.) is used to either immediately issue a network broadcast query or wait until a set period of time before the scheduled appointment date.
- Schedule message generated: Information is gathered from an HL7 order/scheduling message or through FHIR/API access.
- Network query: Medicom service automatically broadcasts a federated query to Medicom Network providers.
- Processed query: All Trusted Contacts who have authorized Automated Federated Search will receive the query.
- Matched record: For patient safety, Automated Federated Search will only return data if a single, distinct match is returned from an external system for the patient. If no matches or multiple matches are returned, an alert is generated in the worklist and sent to designated users via email.
- Data update: Data received through Automated Federated Search will have a message inserted as the first element in the returned series informing staff that the data was automatically retrieved.
- The HL7 engine enables order for exams and their results to be routed through the Medicom Network.
- Referring providers can order directly from their EHR.
- Once the exam is completed, the referring physician will receive the report back in the EHR.
- Based on information in HL7 scheduling message.
- Retrieve and route prior exams to specific workstations or workstation managers (configured in the Routing Mapping).
- Define when the prefetch takes places (number of days before the appointment and at what time) and how many years of prior information should be pulled.
- Reconcile a study before ingestion into PACS and the EHR.
- Search for existing patients in PACS to automatically update the patient’s demographics before ingestion.
- Works with facilities that have multiple physical locations and staff.
- Manage health information sharing between locations.
- Filter electronic requests Inbox and Outbox by location.
|Image Sharing Features||Sponsored||Standard||Assistant|
|HIPAA compliant, decentralized health information exchange network.||x||x||x|
|Electronically send data from within a DICOM archive or a web portal.||x||x||x|
|Comprehensive audit log for security and compliance.||x||x||x|
|Firewall interface for staff to review inbound data.||x||x||x|
|Define basic rules to normalize inbound data for reconciliation.||x||x||x|
|Transfer 3D Mammography studies in original quality.||x||x||x|
|Automatically resume transmission if interruption occurs.||x||x||x|
|Exchange data with VA healthcare providers.||x||x||x|
|Allow authorized providers to search and retrieve data.||x||x||x|
|Receive access to the global registry of Medicom Network providers.||x||x||x|
|Define custom rules to normalize inbound data for reconciliation.||x||x|
|Dedicated account management to establish new Network connections.||x||x|
|Add unlimited Medicom Network Contacts for exchange.|
|Interface with other health information exchange vendors.||x||x|
|Full access to Medicom Support.||x||x|
|Receive priority access to new software releases.||x||x|
|Receive access to all image sharing worklists.||x||x|
|Import studies from physical discs and USB flash drives.||x||x|
|Send data through multiple conduits to one recipient (load balancing).||x||x|
|Guaranteed system uptime for emergent workflows through an SLA.||x||x|
|Receive access to integrations with EHR/RIS vendors.||x|
|Automatically send orders to Medicom Network providers.||Optional||x|
|Automatically return completed orders and results to referrer.|
|Automatically reconcile inbound data.||x|
|Automatically retrieve data for an upcoming appointment.||x|